Cyclone Phailin, the most severe cyclone to hit India in 14 years, made landfall in Odisha and Andhra Pradesh on 12th October 2013. Nearly one million people were evacuated prior to the storm. Though the loss of lives was minimal due to quick action by the government, coastal fishing and farming communities were devastated and hundreds of thousands of people lost their homes. Many lost their means of livelihood when paddy fields and fishing equipment were destroyed by the cyclone. Without any way to support their families, they are in desperate need of relief and rehabilitation.
Believers Church is mobilizing relief teams to bring aid to those affected by Cyclone Phailin. This page will be updated as news and reports come in.
Pray for Cyclone Phailin Victims
Please pray for:
- Wisdom and safety for Believers Church’s Compassion Teams as they prepare to provide relief.
- Good health and peace as evacuees stay in crowded shelters.
- Guidance for India’s government officials as they organize rescue and relief efforts.
- Protection against disease, which is a serious risk in flooded areas.
- Dr. K.P. Yohannan, Metropolitan requests prayers for the affected people and the relief teams in Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.